Waardering:
  • 0 stemmen - gemiddelde waardering is 0
FSX Steam Edition
Dus ik heb eens gekeken op steam voor de steam edition van fsx. Ik heb ook gekeken naar reviews van een aantal mensen, het ziet er goed uit maar. is dit dan ook raw FSX of FSX steam edition met addons. Hieronder een aantal voorbeeldjes van reviews. Geen zorgen je moet ze niet allemaal lezen Smile 1 of 2 is genoeg.
Citaat:FSX is almost a decade old by now, But wait ,,, this is the "Steam" Edition !

- Not a RAM hog anymore
- Not Hates graphics cards anymore
- Not slow and unoptimized anymore
- Not unstable anymore
- It runs very awesome on my machine [64 bit]
- The Multiplayer is here !
- Overall, it looks great & fantastic

So, what are you waiting for Pilot ?
Grab this old Masterpiece and Take-Off with your friends or with some Real World Pilots out there Smile

Kudos for Microsoft & Dovetail for make this happen Wink

X/X ! Would Buy & Fly again Big Grin

Citaat:Let me just start off by saying that I've owned about 4 copies of FSX:deluxe edition. No, I don't have 4 computers to play on, I just kept loosing all my copies. I even bought them for $10 at the MS store a couple years ago on sale. Those are gone, too.

So, now this comes along at $5 (currently on sale). This is great. Just purchased and I won't have to worry aobut loosing this one.

That being said, this is basically FSX:Gold edition with the exception of minor bug fixes, minor performance enchancements, change to the splash screen, and some Steam magic such as taking screenshots and multiplayer matchup.

10/10 would buy again

Citaat:The Microsoft Flight Simulator series is one of the most iconic PC game franchises of all time, and, to an extent, back in '06 FSX lived up to what was expected of it. Aside from the obvious performance issues and supposed cut content relating to visual fidelity (some early screens depict incredibly dense scenery and fantastic lighting effects that weren't seen in the final game, even on the highest settings), it was a good way for the series to come to a close. The Steam Edition of FSX now exists because of an agreement between Microsoft and Dovetail Games, who made the Train Simulator games. This agreement permitted Dovetail to make a few minor tweaks to the game to allow it to function properly on newer machines (specifically Windows 8.1), manage the updated multiplayer component, and obviously distribute it on Steam. I am not fond of the Train Simulator business model, and thankfully the devs have NOT modified FSX at all in this release, as a result the legal agreement. This "Steam Edition" comes with the Deluxe Edition of the original FSX, the "Acceleration" expansion pack, all service packs, and said performance enhancements. As I stated above, you can also play multiplayer again.

If you're new to Flight Simulator, are an X-Plane enthusiast, or are just interested in aviation in general I strongly recommend picking this game up on sale, while the sale lasts. There is a TON of content included. FSX allows you to fly around the globe (no BS micro transactions for different places, a la "Microsoft Flight", the failed attempt to "casualize" the series in 2012) completely unrestricted, and comes with 24 planes/choppers, which all feature a set of liveries. The AI aircraft make the world feel more alive, and airports feature pivoting jetways and moving baggage/pushback trucks to add to the experience. If your PC will allow you to crank up the settings, you'll get the fully featured terminals, but expect your framerate to tank while on the ground.

The simulator also includes a strong and (in my opinion) somewhat underrated set of missions, which are VERY well voice acted and feel incredibly realistic. I strongly advise anyone who buys this to not only enjoy the Free Flight mode, but also to play some of the missions. They range from extremely easy hand-holding missions in Ultralights to challenging air races in stunt planes, along with everything in between. My favorite part about the missions is that whenever the writers needed a guiding voice for the player, they carefully wrote a believable character into the mission who helps you with your task, rather than having a voice from above tell you what to do in every mission (you only hear this voice in the tutorial missions) or simply having written on-screen dialogue boxes instruct you, like most other flight sims out there. There is a LOT of content here, which is what sets FSX apart from its competition.

Now, while FSX is a great sim, it's still 8 years old. There are some worthy alternatives out there, probably the most famous being X-Plane, which, unlike FSX, is still being actively developed. It runs better, but the world you're playing in doesn't match the complexity and visual fidelity of that of FSX. The planes look and feel more realistic, but the game is not necessarily technically superior to FSX. From an objective standpoint FSX takes the crown when it comes to gritty realism in most cases because of how the game is programmed from a simulation standpoint. These games may look similar onscreen, but under the hood they are completely different. FSX handles almost everything physics related by computing complex mathematical equations based on data tables for each aircraft, whereas X-Plane was literally born as a wind tunnel simulator, which sets it ahead of FSX on the tech side in some respects. You can easily make your own plane in X-Plane, since the physics are handled by its wind tunnel engine, whereas in FSX you need to go in with a full knowledge of how it will perform to do the same. It took the ACES team years to perfect the physics of each aircraft, some of which would carry over from previous iterations of Flight Simulator because it took such meticulous research to get the tables perfect. That being said there is a lot of free content available online for both games. And yes, from what I can tell legacy mods function in the Steam Edition of FSX.

Now for the subjective part of the review. You have been warned.

While I was very fair in my above comparisons between FSX and X-Plane, it's worth mentioning that X-Plane isn't all it's cracked up to be with regard to actual content. You'll often see advocates online telling you to "come into the future" because FSX is outdated. If the future means paying for individual airports and aircraft models, count me out. Let's talk about X-Plane's own Steam release. The product itself, which is fully priced mind you, is essentially just the game engine with a few mediocre airplanes and Tarmac-only airports. Just abandoned parking lots (on par with respectable mobile sims like Infinite Flight...wow). I've been told that you need to pay for additional content, which in my opinion is very unjustified here. I can see this model being fair in sims like Rise of Flight, but here? Thankfully X-Plane has a rather nice free modding scene, so that may be a saving grace. Furthermore, the full install is 80 gigabytes. This is probably the result of distrust between the devs and their autogen engine, since, unlike Microsoft, their map data wasn't acquired internally (FSX uses MS's own satellite imagery, which means ACES, the Microsoft game studio behind FS, was inherently more familiar with the data and how they could use it to apply automatically generated scenery). It's a shame the Flight Simulator series isn't still around to offer some serious competition, because X-Plane currently dominates the non-militaristic subsection of the flight sim genre, and it's got a ravenous community to defend its every business decision. The engine is good and runs well on most PCs built within the past few years, though it is a huge memory hog. FSX isn't, but its utilization of modern CPU configurations is embarrassingly poor.

In conclusion, if you're going into the simming genre hoping for a fully featured, fleshed out flight sim that's excellent for beginners and is the absolute pinnacle of its genre (the FS series is over 32 years old!) FSX is a great choice. This is the only official version of FSX still sold today, and it's very unusual to see a product like this from a company like Microsoft show its face on Steam. Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition, while considerably outdated, is a welcome addition to the wonderful collection of flight simulators available on Steam.

oops misschien in het verkeerde deel van het forum gedropt :p
Antwoord

Ga naar locatie:

Gebruikers die dit topic lezen: 1 gast(en)